Sunday, September 14, 2008

OxiClean


Those of you that truly know me, know how much I love OxiClean powder. We use the Versatile Free Version becuase I don't like to do our laundry with anything scented. I can very honestly say that I have yet to have a stain that it hasn't taken out. I never needed anything other than Shout before having Charlie but it just wouldn't get out newborn poop or toddler messes.

For regular old stains that likely won't come out with just a regular wash, I just soak the items for about 12 hours in cold water with Oxi and usually the stains are totally gone before I throw it in the regular wash.

For bad stains (red pen, blackberries, chocolate, etc.) I make a paste out of the Oxi powder on the stain and soak it for at least 24 hours. Remember, use cold water!

I have even missed stains and washed them once or twice before using Oxi and it still gets it out! It's somewhat miraculous, actually. It doesn't get out bleach though. That's the only thing I've found it hasn't worked on. Don't waste your time on the OxiClean Spray, I don't think it works as well.

Do you have any other great stain-fighting ideas?

I usually buy our Oxiclean at Target where it seems to be cheaper than the grocery stores (watch for sales!). You can sometimes find a $1 manufacturer's coupon in the paper also. They do carry it at Costco also but they don't carry the Free version there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I such at getting out stains, BUT, there is a Free Arm and Hammer detergent coupon with the purchase of OxiClean at Albertsons.

Caleb, Bree, Zane and Claire said...

DOes this also take out the smell of a stain (bad body odor, baby puke smell, etc..)? I can't seem to find anything that does the trick.